Sarah spoke at Barnard College on designing at the New York Times.
We are always psyched to participate in the amazing Typographics conference:
We finally presented our studio Digressions project, so if you missed us in person, you can read about it here.
MGMT. participated in First Round
, a day-long showcase of client presentations of initial design explorations and identity projects. Fun to be with such an excellent group of fellow designer folk at Parsons. Thanks UnderConsideration!
Alicia and Sarah enjoyed teaching a weekend poster workshop at MICA for their first year thesis students. The assignment was inspired by the "Great British Bake Off" and everyone was star baker...
We were invited by the Guggenheim
to create an illustration that visualizes our interpretation of the institution. Part of an online series called the Guggenheim is...
A video highlight from an exhibition on industrial designer Peter Muller-Munk
at the Carnegie Museum of Art.
Finally, our AIGA Design/Relief project for Red Hook is up and working—check out this site
by our awesome teammate, Anke Stohlmann of Li'l Robin
Our flag project for SFMoma was included in Fast Company
's best infographics of 2012.
MGMT. has received awards from:
- Art Directors Club
- American Society of Magazine Editors (Modern Farmer handbook section)
- Print Magazine Design Annual
- Society of Enviornmental Graphic Designers (SEGD)
- AIGA 50 books/50 covers
- AIGA 365
- I.D. Magazine
- Society of Publication Designers
You can also find us in the following publications:
- Graphic Design: Now in Production by Ellen Lupton and Andrew Blauvelt
- Function, Restraint & Subversion in Typography by J. Namdev Hardisty
- Area 2, edited by Ellen Lupton
- New Exhibition Design 02 by by Philipp Teufel and Uwe Reinhardt
- Becoming a Graphic Designer, by Steven Heller
- What is Graphic Design For? by Alice Twemlow
- Raw Data: Infographic Designers' Sketchbooks, by Steven Heller and Rick Landers
- Infographics: Designing and Visualizing Data, edited by Wang Shaoqiang
- Understanding the World: The Atlas of Infographics by Sandra Rendgen / ed. Julius Wiedemann
- STEP magazine, "Women to Watch"
- Inside the Design Studio, by Steven Heller and Lita Talarico
- Space Safety Magazine
…and quite a few design magazines from overseas whose names we aren't quite sure how to pronounce.
Plus we give an excellent dog-and-pony show and have presented at a variety of AIGA events as well as various design schools. (No birthday parties.)